Saturday 2 July 2011

.:: of a lazy saturday ::.

Salam and Greetings!

So what was a guy to expect when he thought he was going to a wedding reception when at lunch time abah announces that we're not going? Haha. Of course I raided the kitchen like a guy suffering from starvation. He didn't have breakfast since he woke up like... when it's nearly noon already. Luckily mama came home with some food for tumtums. Yes, I'm trying to make the word tummy cute. Seems that it didn't work. Owh well...

And so, later on, abah announced that we'll be going to Desaru Beach for an impromptu family outing. For this guy who's been bored doing nothing at home; it was a definite yay lah~ The two lil' kiddos of course had their lil' fits for about a few minutes before giving in to the... well, it wasn't much of a choice anyways~ haha.

So after zohor prayers, of we went in our lil' white myvi. Mind you, I thought I was gonna be given the chance to drive but me no ask, me no get. Next time we shall ask; yes, definitely. Abah wanted to test out the new highway that they said was free for the whole month. That's his main objective apparently aside from avoiding being cooped up at home for the whole day. He brought along his eagle kite that later on also involved the not-so-excited-at-first me as well who had to hold the kite and stuff. haha.

So after about 2 hours drive, we arrived. Me and mama stood not doing much as the lil' kiddos ran into the water getting themselves thoroughly wet. Then we decided to lepak2 near the water edge. Abah suddenly came up with the humongous (ok, that's maybe exaggerated but still~) kite and asked for my help. Me not so much of a beach lover unless we were staying real near it so can go clean ourselves up easily lah kan. Hate being sticky2 as the sea water dry up. And all the sand in your feet. Call me pessimistic but it's annoying. haha. But anyways, playing with the kite wasn't bad i guess. Brings back childhood memories~ 


[this here is Desaru Beach. and yes, it's from the net. But it does look exactly like this, trust me] 

And so after sitting down cuci-cuci mata (well, i did anyways) as we adults (yeah, i just made myself sound old) sat in absorbing the whole sea-beach-lapak2ing atmosphere, we decided to leave as dust was gonna set in real soon. The lil' kiddos slept on the way back. We took the Masai route then ended up somewhere near Senibong; a great place for stuffing your faces with seafood. No; I have not been to Kota Kinabalu for their seafood so don't tempt me! haha. 

Owh well... Not much happened really. But I have to say am a huge fan of sotong goreng tepung (battered calamaris i guess). Like I can eat 'em and be contented. haha. Anyways, we didn't order much of 'em since we ordered other stuff as well. But the highlight will always set on the calamaris! hehe. We also had this delicious ikan siakap halia kukus (me-no-english. haha, well, can't be bothered to look up siakap but basically it's steamed fish. healthy2). 

[Sotong Goreng Tepung! i heart you]

Came home really stuffed. Not much fridge raiding tonight. haha. And tomorrow, we're definitely going to a wedding reception! Wedding food! yeeha! haha. Yeah, I love my food; Go figure!

That's all for this post. Thought I'd write more even if it's total nonsense. 

Later Dude and Dudettes
Cyidie Cyid Out

No comments:

Post a Comment